Intelligent guidance and advice for leaders of colleges and universities
As you know, the challenges facing higher education institutions are both numerous and significant. In times like these, the importance of understanding and effectively managing the financial component of your institution cannot be overstated or worse, disregarded.
The demand for continual improvement of your institution to retain and attract students while maintaining financial stability is a significant challenge for most institutions. We have a deep appreciation and understanding of this issue and work closely with our clients to develop strategies to address these very matters.
Since 1993, HSMC Orizon staff have been serving higher education institutions with valued financial solutions. As auditors, tax advisors and business consultants, we understand the various components that are necessary to the successful financial management of your institution. This is not comprised of just one or two components but a collection of matters, including forecasting, budgeting, reporting and accountability for financial matters.
– Commitment to quality, communication and timely reporting
– Focus on improving your processes and controls
– Extensive experience with issues affecting your industry and federal program audits
– Preparation & assistance with the Annual Information Return for Exempt Organizations (Form 990)
– Consultation on exempt organization’s tax structure and compliance issues
– Budgeting and forecasting
– Financial management and benchmarking through key performance indicators
– Monitoring and managing debt and accreditation ratios
– Accounting systems consulting with QuickBooks Nonprofit Edition
– Developing meaningful financial reporting system for administrators, managers and board members
In addition to providing professional services, our team has served on the board of directors of educational institutions, foundations and other supporting organizations, including a national commission on accreditation. This unique experience enables us to go beyond the basic understanding of most auditors and advisors to truly help you with a wide array of internal and external financial matters.
Our desire and goal in serving you is to help you carry out the mission of your institution, both now and into the future.